These are great as snacks, appetizers, or a meal. Enjoy them as written or mix and match your favorite ingredients: grilled chicken, mushrooms, and green peppers are all great options to consider.
Ingredients (makes 3-4 quesadillas)
- butter (divided use)
- flour tortillas
- shredded cheese (Mexican blend and Colby-Jack blend are both good options)
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- pineapple, cut into small pieces (I used canned pineapple rings)
- salsa or sour cream for serving
- In a small frying pan over medium heat, melt a pat of butter.
- Cook onions and jalapeños until done.
- Heat a large frying pan or flat griddle to medium.
- While pan is heating up, assemble quesadillas as follows: fold one tortilla in half. Open it and sprinkle the half generously with cheese, onion/pepper mixture, pineapple, then a little more cheese. Fold it closed.
- Coat the hot griddle with butter. Place assembled quesadilla on pan and cook until browned. Flip and cook other side until browned.
- Remove from heat, cut into wedges, and serve with salsa or sour cream.