Of course if you had time you could certainly make your own dough from scratch, but I was pleased with these results. We brainstormed future fillings like pepperoni and mozzarella, ham and cheddar, or spinach and feta.
Based on a recipe from LaurasSweetSpot.com.
Ingredients (makes 8 pockets)
- Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool; pat very dry.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Brush or spray baking sheet with vegetable oil.
- Mix broccoli, cheddar, sour cream, and chives in a bowl until combined. Squeeze the mixture together to compact it.
- Use a little bit of flour to lightly dust your work surface.
- Cut each tube of dough into four pieces. Roll each piece out and fill with broccoli mixture. Fold and secure each pocket, then place seam-side down on the baking sheet.(Check out these excellent step-by-step photos if you have never made these before!)
- Beat egg in a small bowl. Add 1 Tbsp water and mix well.
- Brush each pocket with egg wash. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.