So I am sure you can imagine how excited I was to try this recipe when I stumbled upon it. Thank you to Budget Bytes for this lovely recipe to which my family is now addicted!
- 1 lb cut pasta (spirals and penne are both good here)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup milk
- 4 oz cream cheese (1/2 brick)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 oz can sliced jalapenos
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Once pasta is added to boiling water, begin cheese sauce. Heat medium-sized stockpot over medium heat. Add milk, cream cheese, and Parmesan. Whisk until cream cheese has softened and mixture has combined.
- Turn heat to low. Add sour cream, jalapenos, and chiles, continuing to whisk until combined. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Once everything is done cooking, turn heat off. Drain pasta. Return to its own pot. Pour cheese sauce over top of pasta. Stir well. Add shredded pepper jack cheese and stir well until pepper jack has melted. Serve immediately.