**(for a gluten-free meal, be sure to use gluten-free pasta, such as rice pasta)
- 1 lb long pasta (I used thin spaghetti)
- olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- one 15 oz jar artichokes, with marinade / juices reserved
- 1 lb baby spinach leaves
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 4 oz Parmesan cheese (half a container)
- Boil water in large stockpot. Steam spinach above the boiling water OR steam spinach in the microwave.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse well.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Add artichokes and their marinade. Cook until artichokes are heated throughout.
- Turn off heat and add spinach to artichoke mixture.
- Return pasta to stockpot and pour juice from artichoke / onions over pasta. Stir well.
- Add rest of artichoke / onion / spinach mixture to pasta. Stir well.
- Add grated zest and juice of lemon to pasta. Stir well.
- Finally, add Parmesan cheese to pasta and stir to coat. Serve immediately.