This recipe comes from one of my students who is an awesome cook. Ever since watching Jamie Oliver's video on superb salads, she has made her own salad dressings for lunch. She has tried out her own oreo truffles. Most recently, she brought this wonderful dessert to a shared meal. It was wonderful because it had a little bit of sugary sweet (from the 'crust') with the rest of the flavor from the fruit.
This dessert would work well with many kinds of fruit, as long as they are firm, like kiwi, apples, or bananas. Watery fruit such as peaches or oranges would not be good.
- 1 package premade cookie dough (usually in the refrigerated section)
- vegetable oil spray
- one 13.5 oz tub of cream cheese fruit dip, such as T. Marzetti brand
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 1 pint fresh red raspberries
- Preheat oven according to temperature on cookie dough package.
- Very lightly, spray your pizza stone or cookie sheet.
- Roll out sugar cookie dough into one large pizza size circle.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Once cookie 'crust' is completely cool, spread most / all of the fruit dip onto your cookie.
- Evenly spread your fruit topping over the entire cookie.
- This pizza can be covered with aluminum foil and placed in the fridge to be served later in the day if needed.