This is a recipe for pulled pork sandwiches using a slow cooker or crockpot, which means two things: it is insanely easy, and it is insanely good. An overuse of the word 'insanely'? Maybe. But in the name of delicious sandwiches, please forgive me.
This recipe is based on one from Savor the Thyme, one of my favorite food blogs!
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika (I used smoked paprika)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp whole cumin, or a little less if you're using ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 crushed up bouillon cube (any flavor; I used chicken) **
- 5-6 shakes of salt
- about 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
You'll Also Need...
- a 4-pound boneless cut of pork (I used a shoulder)
- 1 c. water
- 6-8 pack of Kaiser rolls **
- Mix all rub ingredients together in a bowl.
- Rub spice mixture all over pork. Place in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred with a fork if needed.
- Serve on rolls with BBQ sauce or another of your favorite topping!
This was probably the most tender pork I've ever eaten in my entire life. And the easiest to make. Enough said.
If you're looking for appetizers to snack on before or in addition to the pulled pork sandwiches, try some of these beauties:
- Mexican Layer Dip from Tasty Kitchen
- Homemade Restaurant Style Salsa from The Pioneer Woman
- A whole slew of Chex Mix recipes (I won't tell if you use generic cereal!)
- Another slow cooker recipe: Spinach Artichoke Dip from Stephanie O'Dea (I've made a similar version without jalapenos - it's just as good)
- Cheddar Horseradish Dip from Coconut & Lime