|photo by Alison Tyne|
This weekend, my friend Alison came to photograph my husband's band. After they got home, we decided on a non-traditional salad for dinner and chose to create our version of a dish from Salads by Jane Price.
INGREDIENTS (serves 3-4)
For a vegan meal, be sure to omit the cheese.
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained, halved or quartered
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- sundried tomatoes, cut into strips
- kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced (roasted red peppers would also be nice)
- feta cheese (optional; parmesan is another alternative)
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper, optional
To plate each salad:
- Lay down a bed of baby spinach.
- Arrange a few artichoke hearts, olives, and red pepper slices around the edge of the plate.
- Sprinkle sundried tomato strips over greens.
- Top with some lemon zest and feta cheese (if using).
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil, then about 1/4 of the lemon juice over your salad.
- Top with some freshly ground black pepper, if desired, then serve.