Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

photo by Alison Tyne
I had a great time recently with my friend, the wonderful artist Alison Tyne. We spent a few days together discussing photography, businesses, and of course, food. Poor Alison had never before had a buffalo chicken sandwich! Luckily I was there to remedy the situation.

This recipe is a nice one if you are feeling lazy or just too tired to create a complex meal. It's easily adaptable for vegetarians through the use of soy chick'n nuggets (pictured).




Ingredients - per sandwich
  • 1 breaded chicken patty (or 4 soy chick'n nuggets)
  • hot sauce, such as Frank's Red Hot
  • 1 fresh sandwich roll
  • blue cheese or ranch dressing
  • 1/2 stalk celery, sliced
  • (see note below)
Directions
  1. Cook chicken patty according to package directions.
  2. Pour hot sauce into a small bowl. Dredge the patty in hot sauce and place on bun.
  3. Top with salad dressing and sprinkle with celery. Serve immediately.
Note: Norm makes a good point in the comments for those who don't like their sandwich full-strength. You can control how hot the sauce is by adding a little melted butter to your hot sauce, which will chill it out but still leave a little pizazz.

    2 comments:

    1. Hi Ally!

      As a point of order, Frank's is the ONLY acceptable hot sauce for true "Buffalo" chicken. One might also mix melted butter into the hot sauce, to taste. I HAVE TO HAVE ONE NOW! Thanks for piquing my appetite with such a delicious-looking picture. :-)

      Norm

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks Norm! I added a note about the melted butter (I had totally forgotten about it, since I like my sandwiches at full hotness.)

      ReplyDelete