Sunday, May 8, 2011

Green Beans with Simple Dressing

When I was younger I remember not being big on vegetables. My mom was able to sneak carrots or broccoli into my repertoire only if ranch dressing was available on the side.

My taste has matured (slightly) since then, but one thing I still love about vegetables is the crunch. These green beans are cooked, but retain their bright green color. This not only means that the nutrients are left for you to eat (rather than boiling away into the water), but also that the beans still have a bit of crunch to them.

What I love about this recipe is how simple it is to make, yet how fancy it looks when presented.

Ingredients
  • 2-3 large handfuls fresh green beans, ends snapped off
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • drizzle of olive oil
  • salt and freshly ground pepper
  • sliced almonds
Directions
  1. Boil green beans until just barely cooked; beans should still be somewhat crunchy.
  2. Transfer beans to serving dish. Dress with lemon juice and olive oil, then mix just barely. 
  3. Top with salt, pepper, and almonds. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment