Scallops are pretty easy to overcook. Seafood more than any other meat I tend to rely on time, rather than a color, to determine doneness.
Do yourself a favor and treat yourself with these delicious scallops. With a short grocery list and simple directions, they're likely to please any seafood lover.
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Coat pan with butter and olive oil.
- Add scallops and squeeze half the lemon juice on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until scallops are browned on bottom, about 30-45 seconds.
- Flip scallops, add rest of lemon juice and more salt and pepper if desired.
- Remove from heat when scallops are browned, about another minute. They should be warm inside but not rubbery, and easy to cut with a fork.