Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Roasted Red Pepper and Garlic Dressing

I have been doing some creative problem solving in my kitchen recently. I loved this salad dressing that I had at a friend's house but he isn't one to work from recipes. So I did some experimenting to create my own version!

If you have never roasted peppers before, it is simple and brings out a wonderful flavor.

Ingredients
  • 2 small red bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed
  • 1 bulb garlic (you will use about 5 of the cloves, once they are roasted)
  • 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp spicy brown (or Dijon) mustard
  • 3 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp plain (or vanilla) yogurt
  • salt and freshly ground pepper
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  2. Roast the garlic. (Click here for garlic roasting directions.)
  3. Roast the peppers. (Click here for pepper roasting directions.)
  4. Combine peppers, 5 cloves of garlic, and all other ingredients in a small food processor. Blend until smooth.
  5. Serve immediately. Dressing will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.

No comments:

Post a Comment