I love dessert breads. They are a little less sugary tasting than cookies but just as satisfying to me. If you’ve tried my Honey Banana Bread, you may recognize this recipe – it is an adaptation.
For a different texture, try frying a slice of this in butter – it gets crispy and warm and delicious. It makes a great breakfast snack
- 6 Tbsp (3/4 stick) salted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups grated raw sweet potato (one medium-large potato will do)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease loaf pan well, especially the bottom. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and sweet potato. Mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- While stirring sweet potato mixture, slowly add flour mixture until all is incorporated.
- Pour batter into loan pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
- Remove immediately from pan and let cool completely before cutting.